Today my friend Mo emailed me this great downtime message he came up with. The lyrics are from "Epic" by Faith No More, which, much to my embarrassment, I didn't recognize. That proves that Mo is way cooler than I am, but I digress. Anyway, Mo also came up with some great ideas for OHSU fundraisers starring various 80s bands:
Bret Michaels, for the Oregon Poison Center
Billy Squier, for the Oregon Stroke Center
That inspired me to come up with a few more for OHSU and beyond:
- Warrant for the Public Safety Dept.
- Anthrax for Infectious Diseases (not sure of the exact dept. name)
- Def Leppard and Glass Tiger for the Oregon Zoo (with a special guest appearance from Whitesnake to fund a new reptile house)
- Firehouse for the Portland fire dept.
- Great White for the Oregon Coast Aquarium
- Faster Pussycat for the Oregon Humane Society
- Guns ‘N Roses in a joint fundraiser for the NRA and the International Rose Test Gardens
And Mo countered with:
- Quiet Riot for the Oregon Hearing Center
- Ratt for the Primate Center
- Ratt for Laboratory Medicine
- Black ‘N Blue for a domestic violence shelter (yeah, I know - I'm tacky)
- Kiss for some oral health dept in the School of Dentistry
- And add LA Guns to the NRA one and Def Leppard to the Oregon Hearing Center one
Yeah, I know -- we shouldn't quit our day jobs. But c'mon... it's Friday. Everyone needs a little silliness on Friday.