Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Commencement Speech by Stephen Colbert

I haven't spent as much time online lately, so it's been awhile since I found something worth posting here. But I finally found something blog-worthy (the 21st century version of sponge-worthy??) -- Stephen Colbert's commencement address at Knox College last weekend. You can find the text of the speech at http://www.knox.edu.nyud.net:8090/x12547.xml

How can you not love a graduation speech that includes a Lincoln-Douglas drinking game, an umm... creative solution to illegal immigration, and padded mortar boards? I'm jealous. At my college graduation, the speaker was a minor member of Reagan's cabinet, and the sound system was so bad you couldn't hear him. And did I mention it was about 95 degrees outside? During allergy season? Whine, whine, whine...

No comments: