Wednesday, July 11, 2007

This 'n' That

I'm really busy at work this week, so I don't have a lot of time or energy to write. So this entry will be a brief hodgepodge o' stuff:

It's *hot* here! Supposedly it was 104 yesterday, and it's 92 today. I don't mind, because I have air conditioning, and I like hot weather. But the native Oregonians are whining big time. And I'm nursing a sunburn, thanks to spending most of Monday gardening without sunscreen. You'd think I'd know better than that, but, alas, I apparently do not.

The latest Harry Potter movie came out today, and the next (and last) book is due out on the 21st. I plan to see the movie this weekend, and I'll get my copy of the book first thing in the morning on the 21st (no, I don't plan to get it at midnight, because then I'd stay up all night reading it and feel like crap the next day). We have a ritual for days when new Harry Potter books come out. My husband takes our son out for the day, and I spend all day on the couch, reading. The last time they hung around, I threatened them with various kitchen implements when they interrupted me. By the end of the day, I'll be done with the book, and it'll be safe for them to come home. Plus, Tony can start reading the book, and we won't fight over it like we used to.

Finally, I ran across a cool web site this afternoon: Librarians: We're Not What You Think. The coolest part is the photo gallery, which includes images of librarians from ads (including a vibrator ad... really!), TV, movies, books (of course) games, and more. I'll have to add Nympho Librarian to my reading list :-) (It goes well with a nickname I acquired a few years ago... a couple of you know what I'm talking about)

That's enough for today. Time to get back to work.

No comments: