Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Almost spring

I've really been slacking on my blogging lately, mostly because I seem to spend all my time at work or gardening. By the time I get done working or playing in the dirt, I don't have energy left for much else, but there's dinner to cook, dishes to wash, laundry to do... you know, the endless parade of household chores that consume vast swaths of my weekend. So I don't have anything profound to say tonight, but I do have some pretty pictures. A few things are starting to bloom around here -- come see!

The marsh marigolds are in full bloom:
Marsh marigolds up close

The planter I got for my birthday last year is looking good. I plopped in the primroses to replace something that didn't survive the winter.
Basket of spring flowers

I get to breathe in the heavenly scent of winter daphne as I approach my front door:
Winter daphne

Red-flowering currant:
Red-flowering currant

Flowering quince:
Flowering quince

Crocuses:
Crocuses

And the gorgeous pink cymbidium orchid my husband bought my for my birthday this year, which is currently adorning my kitchen:
Pink cymbidium

Even though the 10-day forecast calls for showers followed by rain followed by more showers, I can feel spring in the air. Every time I go outside, I see something else peeking through the ground, budding, or blooming, and the days are getting noticeably longer. 'Tis the season of rebirth, renewal, and hope, springing eternal.

No comments: