Sunday, July 27, 2008

Beach pics

Last week I posted some pics of funny signs I saw on the way to Seaside and Cannon Beach, and I promised I'd post some pretty stuff later. Well, now it's later, so here we go:

Series of wave pics, all taken on Indian Beach in Ecola State Park:
Waves on Indian Beach #1

Waves on Indian Beach #3

Waves on Indian Beach #4

Waves on Indian Beach #2

Waves on Indian Beach #5

Heart in the sand:
Heart in the sand

Cannon Beach and Haystack Rock from a viewpoint in Ecola State Park:
Cannon Beach and Haystack Rock from Ecola State Park viewpoint

View from overlook above Sea Lion Rocks:
View from  Sea Lion Rocks overlook
Interestingly, there wasn't a sea lion in sight.

Plaque at the overlook with a beautiful quote:
Memorial plaque by Sea Lion Rocks overlook
In case you can't read it in the pic, the quote says: "I dropped a tear in the ocean. When it's found, is when I'll stop loving you." It might be sappy if it weren't on a memorial plaque.

That's about it for that trip. I'm heading back to the beach tonight, this time to Depoe Bay, so I should have some new pics to post soon.

No comments: