Friday, October 12, 2007

Halloween pumpkin fun

I have nothing useful to say today. But since a blog is a terrible thing to waste, I'll post something anyway. I've been getting into the Halloween spirit lately, so I thought I'd post a few pics from last year to get things going.

Meet Hugo. Apparently there are professional pumpkin carvers out there who use various kinds of power saws to make sculptures (albeit temporary ones) out of giant pumpkins. I saw this one in our local mall and thought it was cool, so I snapped a pic of it with my cellphone:
1027062012.jpg
Then I decided it would look better without the mall as a backdrop, so I loaded it into The Gimp and gave it a black background. Much better. And we named him Hugo.
Hugo!

Tony's evil jack o' lantern
Tony's 2006 jack o' lantern

Jerry's jack o' lantern, which I find disturbing for some reason
Jerry's 2006 jack o' lantern

And, of course, my infamous puking pumpkin. May it be a lesson to all squash who are considering mixing candy corn and tequila. Just say no.
Janet's puking pumpkin

So what are you, dear readers, doing for Halloween this year? Yes, that is a shameless troll for comments :-)

No comments: