My first module dealt with social bookmarking services: del.icio.us, Furl, and StumbleUpon, as well as the social news sites Digg and Reddit. For that module, I created the following materials:
- Goals and Schedule: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcgtqhm3_169qw3fg7g2
- Introduction to Social Bookmarking: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcgtqhm3_170fn8nfxgb
- Social Bookmarking Exercises: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcgtqhm3_171fkx2q3d2
Presentations and Other Materials
- Introduction to Social Bookmarking - presentation for optional in-person session: http://docs.google.com/Presentation?id=dcgtqhm3_94c87r79
- Chart comparing social bookmarking sites: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pJLcfxUjOH3rNQbTE41V3MA
If you're a librarian or trainer and want to use these materials in your own instruction, you're welcome to do so. Just please give me credit and link back to the original documents.