Saturday, September 08, 2007

I'm officially a published photographer!

No, I'm not quitting my day job, but it's still kind of cool. This photo from the California Railroad Museum:
P1000022

is now published in the Schmap Sacramento Guide, an online guidebook for Sacramento. My photo is in the historical background section. You can find it at http://www.schmap.com/sacramento/introduction_history/#p=189735&i=189735_5.jpg.

What's interesting is that I never submitted the photo anywhere. The publishers found it on Flickr and contacted me for permission to use it. That's the second time something like that has happened to me. The first time, a woman who makes software for autistic children asked permission to use one of my photos in one of her programs. Of course I said yes. Oddly enough, in both cases the photos requested were just snapshots, not ones into which I put much effort.

There's something incredibly cool about the Web 2.0 world, which makes it so easy for people to connect with one another in new and interesting ways.

No comments: