Friday, June 29, 2007

Cruisin' with the Crue

Today on Sirius, one of the DJs mentioned Vince Neil's Motley Cruise, a Carnival cruise featuring Motley Crue, Skid Row, and Slaughter. For some reason, I find this concept amusing. When I think of cruise ship entertainment, I think of lounge singers or whomever is guest-starring on The Love Boat (Charo, anyone?) entertaining middle-aged people in Bermuda shorts. But apparently cruising has caught up with my generation, maybe because now we're middle-aged and have disposable income (but hopefully not Bermuda shorts). I'd *love* to go on the cruise just to see what it'll be like, but since I don't have that much disposable income, I'll have to content myself with imagining it. Picture if you will...

1. Strip shuffleboard
2. Instead of Bermuda shorts, middle-aged people in leather with tattoos
3. Shore excursions featuring organized tours of the local strip clubs
4. Free condoms and clean needles from the ship's doctor
5. Ship-board beauty salon specializing in mullet-trimming and hair teasing, featuring at least 6 varieties of hairspray
6. Spandex... not just for swimsuits

Ya know, the event might make a great reality show for VH1.

Now before you 80s metal fans hunt mejavascript:void(0) down and forcibly chop my hair into a mullet... I'm just kidding! I'm a Crue fan myself, and I *love* 80s metal (as if all the Def Leppard references on my MySpace profile didn't clue you into that fact). But really... 80s glam as cruise ship entertainment? I feel old.

No comments: